Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day and there is no end to the breakfast options and variations of those options. Sometimes I plan ahead and make something special like Baked French Toast Casserole and sometimes something like Apple Pancake Perfection is exactly what the kids and I crave. There’s Buttermilk Corn Cakes with Blueberries or Star Shaped Eggs In Toast and Raspberry Oatmeal Scone for breakfast on the go.
Here are a couple more of my favourite breakfasts:
Oatmeal (This is another recipe inspired by my best friend, Paxye.)
- 3 cups Milk (I use hemp, almond, rice…)
- 1-2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Apple, chopped (or peaches, blackberries, plums…)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups Oats (not quick oats)
- optional: Hemp seeds, Chia Seeds, chopped Walnuts…
- Slowly heat milk, syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and apple until it is almost boiling. Turn heat down and add oats and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Fold in seeds or nuts before serving.
There are so many ways to make this oatmeal. Basically you need half as much oats as you use milk. You can add whatever fruit you wish. Sometimes I use berries and add them a bit later to the cooking process.
- Bagel, toasted (or bread, english muffin)
- 2 Eggs, scrambled (with cracked pepper and a pinch of salt, and/or curry powder…)
- optional: mashed Avocado, Guacamole, sliced Tomato
I’ve been eating a version of this breakfast my whole life. It started with my dad making it, using english muffins instead of bagels so I can’t help but use the same name he used so long ago. There’s nothing difficult about making this breakfast and it’s so delicious!
What’s your favourite breakfast?