Thanks so much for sharing your recipe so long ago, Paxye! I’ve changed it slightly over time but it’s basically still the same. After all the fun of sharing our bread making yesterday, I thought I would do the same with this simple and delicious breakfast.
- 1 cup Flour (all purpose, whole wheat or mix)
- 1 cup Milk (I use almond or rice)
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Apples, seeded and cored (peeled if you prefer)
- Demerara Sugar
- Butter, softened or Coconut Oil
- Cinamon, Nutmeg, Cardamon or any favourite spices
- Walnuts, Pecans, Flax Seeds or any nut or seed
- Slightly grease a cast iron pan and preheat it in the oven to 400′ while you make the pancake. (You can use an un heated deep dish pie pan if you prefer but the cast iron is better for a crisper crust and not sticking.)
- Combine flour, milk and eggs in a small dish and set aside.
- In a larger bowl mix together apple, sugar, butter, spices and nuts until apples are wholly coated.
- Take preheated cast iron pan out of the oven and pour batter into bottom. Top with apple mixture and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Leif and I made this while Lily was still sleeping. We were listening to The Cottars and dancing around a bit while waiting for the apple pancake to be finished. Perfect music for this morning.