Yum. This soup was tasty, although I wished I started cooking earlier. That pressure cooker of mine sure does spoil me with it’s super cooking speed. That 3 hour stove top cook time was a surprise when I finally sat down to look at the recipe clearly. No matter. It was fantastic and I’ll make it again!
Spicy Black Bean Soup
- 2 cups Black Beans, soaked overnight, then drained
- 8 cups Water or Stock
- 1 28-ounce can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1 heaping tbsp Coarse Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper, sliced
- 1 bunch Green Onions, chopped
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Combine beans, water or stock, tomatoes, paprika, onion powder, garlic, salt, tomato paste in large pot. Bring to a boil and then lower heat and simmer for 3 hours.
- Add cilantro, jalapeño and green onions to soup and let simmer for 5 minutes.Using a hand immersion blender, blend until smooth, or transfer to a blender in batches and blend until smooth. Serve sprinkled with cilantro and an optional dollop of sour cream.