My blog has been down for the last few days! The worst part is, I didn’t realise until people started to email me asking what’s up. All is well now. Don’t forget to put your name in for a little giveaway I’m doing here.
I recently shared another excellent dahl recipe. It’s a bit more citrusy than this one. This one is a bit more like a full meal. Gosh, we love dahl. It’s one of our favourite meals!
Curried Veg with Dahl
- 1 1/2 cup Red Lentils or Yellow Split Peas
- 4- 5 cups Water
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic Chilli Paste
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 2 Yams, cubed
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 tbsp Ginger, minced
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tsp Bouillon (optional)
- 1/2 Cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 Peppers, chopped
- 10 oz Spinach or 2 cups Kale
- 2-3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Rinse lentils. In a pot, add lentils and 4- 5 cups water and cook for 20 minutes or fully cooked.
- In a large skillet or pot, sauté onion and garlic chilli paste for several minutes.
- Add yam, curry, cumin, ginger and sauté for 2- 3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups water, cauliflower, peppers and cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until all veg are tender.
- Add and stir in lentils and spinach until wilted. Stir in lemon juice and salt to taste before serving!