I love no bake cookies, especially when friends pop by unexpectedly or when you’re rushing to visit friends one afternoon and especially when they’re this delicious. I’ve been making these and other no bake cookies a lot these days for easy snacks for my kids.
Cashew Cardamom Balls
- 1 cup Cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 cup Dates (about 10-11), pitted
- Zest of one Orange
- Cardamom seeds from 3 pods or 1/8 to 1/4 tsp powdered cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Coconut
- Soak cashews overnight and drain.
- Over medium-low heat, carefully toast cashews in a dry pan. Stir them often to avoid burning. You’re looking to just dry them out a bit form the overnight soaking.
- Empty seeds from 3 cardamom pods and crush in a motar and pestle.
- Add cashews to a food processor. Pulse 2-3 times then add the dates while the food processor is processing. Add the orange zest, crushed cardamom seeds, and vanilla and process until everything is minced very fine.Test a small amount to see if it will press together into a ball. If not quite there, process a little longer. Stop to scrape down the sides once or twice.
- Put the coconut in a small dish. Form one inch balls of the date mixture and roll into the coconut, pressing to coat all sides.