These are outrageously good. This recipe originally comes from the Rebar cookbook. I’ve made my usual changes.
Lime Pumpkin Seed Cookies
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Zest of 1 Lime
- 1 large Egg
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 3/4 cups Unbleached Flour
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350′
- Cream sugar, butter, oil, and zest together until light and fluffy. Add egg and lime juice and beat to incorporate.
- In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add to wet and mix together well.
- Make balls with batter and slightly flatten on a cookie sheet. Leave enough room for cookies to spread a bit on sheet.
- Either leave plain, sprinkle with sugar before baking or make lime or lemon icing for when the cookies are cool.
- Bake about 8 minutes or until edges and bottom golden.
- 1 cup Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Lime Zest (or lemon)
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 tsp water
- Whisk or beat to combine all in small bowl until smooth. If too thick, add a little more juice or water.
- Dip cookies in or spoon on top of cookies after they are cool. If they are too warm the icing won’t stay on them.