I was talking about this soup to yesterday and I thought I’d add it to the recipes I keep on this blog. It’s the simplest soup and so delicious.
Roasted Cauliflower Soup
- 2 heads of Cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 2-3 Potatoes (Yukon Gold are best but doesn’t really matter), roughly chopped. I’d leave the skins on.
- 1 or 2 Onions (depending on the size of cauliflower and potatoes), roughly chopped
- Olive Oil
- Course Salt and Cracked Pepper
- Water (or stock)
- Preheat oven to 400’F
- Put all roughly chopped veggies in a roasting pan. Toss with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until tender, tossing occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Put roasted veggies in soup pot. Pour some of the hot stock/water into the roaster to deglaze and scrape out all the leftover goodness. Add enough water to meet the top of the veggies.
- Puree until smooth with immersion blender. Add more water to thin if desired.