We made some fun fish and muffin tinned bath bombs today. Thanks to Krista’s shared recipe, these turned out so great. We used 2 whole tsps of beet root powder because Lily wanted them super pink! I think we added a bit too much witch hazel this time. Next time I’d be a bit more conscience of that. Next time, I think I’d like to incorporate epson salts into the mix as well… It will be fun to experiment!
- .5 cup Citric Acid
- 1 cup Baking Soda
- 1 tsp or more Beet Root Powder
- 10 or so drops of Essential Oil (we used lemon this time)
- Witch Hazel
- Combine citric acid, baking soda and beet root powder. Mix with your hands to combine and break up any clumps in the beet root powder.
- Mix in the drops of essential oil.
- Preferably with a spray bottle, spray the witch hazel on the mixture while mixing at the same time. About 5 sprays at a time. Otherwise, very slowly dripple the witch hazel around the bowl while mixing at the same time. If the mixture starts to bubble, mix quickly with non bubbly powder. Add enough witch hazel that the mixture clumps and stays together in your hand but is still crumbly.
- Press into muffin tins or other mould and let dry and harden.
See the first time we made bath bombs here.