This is the first time I tried this recipe from the Rebar Cookbook but it won’t be the last time I make it! It could very well become one of my favourite meals. Here’s what I did:
See this post for the wonderful Tortilla recipe I use.
Bhangra Burrito with chickpea potato curry and spinach
- 1 1/2- 2 lbs Red potatoes, 1 cm cubes
- 1/3- 1/2 Cauliflower, chopped to a similar size as potatoes
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 oz Ginger, peeled
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, with seeds
- 1 Red Pepper, seeded
- 6 Roma Tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 1 tsp Salt (I use coarse sea salt)
- 1/2 tsp ground Cumin, toasted
- 1 tsp ground Coriander, toasted
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Tumeric
- 1/2 tsp Cracked Pepper
- 2 cups cooked Chickpeas
- 1/2- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 1 bunch Spinach, washed and roughly chopped
- Start tortillas and set aside to rise.
- Preheat oven 350’F. Toss potatoes and cauliflower in oil, salt and pepper. Roast until golden and soft.
- Roughly puree garlic, ginger, jalapeno, red pepper and tomatoes. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat and saute onion with 1/2 tsp of salt until translucent. Stir in cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric and pepper and continue to sauté until fragrant. Add vegetable puree and simmer gently 5-10 minutes. Add chickpeas and simmer 10 more minutes.
- This is where I rolled out and cooked my tortillas in my cast iron skillet.
- Add potatoes, cauliflower and cilantro to mixture. Sometimes I mash it all together and sometimes I leave it chunky.
- To make burritos add mixture and spinach to tortillas, roll up and wallah.