I happened to be making this meal on the same day that Cam caught some fish. The fritters went well with the salmon but they also were delicious on their own with a side of steamed broccoli. This is another really simple meal to make. You can really play around with in season vegetables and different spices. I doubled this recipe.
Shredded Veggie Fritters
- 1 small Red Onion
- 1 large Yam or Potato
- 1-2 Carrots
- 1 Red or Yellow Pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup Parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 Egg (or egg replacement), scrambled
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Peanut Oil
- Using a food processor with the grating attachment shred the onion, yam and carrots. Press or squeeze out any excess liquid and put veggies in large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl (except the peanut oil) and mix well.
- Add oil to heated cast iron or other pan. Make patties in your hand with large spoonfuls of the mixture. Put in pan and cook until golden brown on both sides. Drain fritters on towel covered plate.
- Serve with side of steamed broccoli or other.
There are so many ways you can cook salmon. Here’s what we did tonight.
- 1/4 cup Sherry
- 1/4 cup Tamari
- 1 tbsp Ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Demerara Sugar
- .5-1 tsp Garlic Chili Paste
- Olive Oil
- This fish was only marinaded for 40 minutes. (Usually, you’d like to marinade it longer.)
- Bake covered in tin foil at 450’F for about 10-15 minutes or until flakey. Don’t over cook. It’s actually better to undercook fish than over.