I don’t know why I keep trying new pancake recipes when I have so many that my family already love. Alas, I tried this recipe and they may be my family’s favourite pancakes yet?! These are perfect for when you have leftover quinoa for the night before.
- 1 cup cooked Quinoa
- 3/4 cup White Whole Wheat Flour (or all purpose flour)
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 large Egg Whites
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt (plain, vanilla or sour cream)
- 1/2 cup Milk (I used almond)
- 1 tbsp Demerara Sugar or Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2/3 cup fresh Berries (optional)
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together cooked quinoa, flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg whites. Add and whisk in yogurt, milk, and demerara sugar until smooth. Add egg mixture to flour mixture and whisk to combine. Add vanilla and whisk again.
- Gently fold in fresh berries, careful not to fold too much and run the colour and mush the berries.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat and melt a little butter. Drop batter by 1/4 cup onto skillet and press into the poured batter a few chocolate chips if you’re adding them.
- Cook until bubbles appear on top, about 2 minutes. Flip pancakes and cook until golden brown on underside, 2 minutes.