I don’t think I’ve ever even had an Eatmore chocolate bar but that’s the name at the top of the recipe my dad gave me some ten years ago. It’s been about that long since I’ve made them too! I resurrected this old recipe to make energising treats for my dear friend who went into labour and had her baby yesterday afternoon(!!). A great labour treat or just a tasty snack for the kids.
Chocolate Nut Energy Bars
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Honey
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Oats
- 1 cup Peanuts (or Cashews or Almonds…), coarsely chopped
- optional: Chia Seeds, Hemp Seeds, Coconut
- Line a 5 x 8 dish or cookie sheet with parchment and set aside.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips until smooth.
- Add honey and peanut butter to melted chocolate and blend well.
- In a medium bowl, mix together oats, nuts and anything else you’d like to add.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the oat mixture and combine.
- Press or spread mixture in prepared dish and chill in the fridge for one hour before slicing. I keep this treat in the fridge to keep from getting too soft but it doesn’t have to stay there.
- (These can also be made into ball shapes if you’d prefer or have a lot of time on your hands.)