This meal is so good. Fresh, crisp, and light yet filling. Originally this recipe comes from the Whitewater Cooks cookbook and was formally known as the Glory Bowl. Damn, this cookbook looks good! I’m going to have to get my hands on a copy.
Both my kids loved this meal right from the first time they tried it while we were in Prince Rupert, eating at a friend’s.
- 4 cups Brown Rice, cooked
- 1 1/4 cup Beets, shredded
- 1 1/4 cup Carrots, shredded
- 1 cup Slivered Almonds, Toasted
- 2 cups Spinach Leaves
- 1 package Extra Firm Tofu, 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tbsp Water
- 3 tbsp Tamari
- 3 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 3/4 cup Safflower or Sunflower Oil
- Cook rice and set aside.
- Sauté tofu cubes in a wok with peanut oil.
- Make dressing by combining all dressing ingredients except oil in blender. Then add oil in a steady stream.
- Place cooked brown rice into 4 bowls, top with beets, carrots, spinach leaves, almonds, and sautéed tofu cubes. (Or serve in a tortilla as wraps)
- Drizzle bowls generously with the dressing.