These are my new favourite muffins. Light and delicious. They are the perfect friend muffin. At least for me, it seems. I’ve made them for tea with friends, for my friend who was about to have her second child, friends who are feeling under the weather and for other friends to snack on while they move far far… far away from here.
I totally realise I’ve been all about food lately here on my blog. In part because some of these recipes have been waiting to be published but also because we’ve been eating a lot of really great good these days. That’s one of the best things about having guests- trying new foods and sharing favourite meals together. I’m happy to share this favourite muffin recipe with you! I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!
Strawberry Cornmeal Muffins
- 2 cups Cornmeal
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Milk (I used almond)
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, melted (or use oil if you prefer, in which case you need not mix it separately with part of the milk)
- 2 cup Strawberries, chopped about 1/2 inch
- Preheat oven to 400’F. Grease or line muffin tins and melt butter in the oven in a small oven proof bowl. Chop strawberries and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together eggs and 3/4 of the milk. Slowly whisk the last 1/4 of the milk into the melted butter. Add butter/milk mixture to the egg/milk mixture and whisk to combine.
- Add wet to dry, stirring until just combined. Fold in strawberries.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full, then garnish with a few chopped berries. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden around the edges and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for a few minutes before removing from the muffin tin.