What’s easier and more tasty than a roasted vegetable soup? Roasted tomato is one of my favourites and it’s so darn easy.
Roasted Tomato Soup
- Tomatoes -try three kinds, like beefsteak, vine and cherry or a blend of heritage tomato or…
- Onion -if you’re doing a big enough batch, you may want two. Use your eyes.
- Herbs -sprig or two of fresh Thyme and/or a few handfuls of fresh Basil (optional)
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Water or Stock
- Roughly chop tomatoes and and onion. Put in roasting pan and toss with olive oil, a good sprinkling of salt and pepper. If you are going to add fresh herbs add most now. I sometimes like to add some chopped fresh basil after roasting as well.
- Roast at 400′, tossing occasionally.
- Put roasted tomatoes in soup pot. Add water or stock and heat through.
- Use an immersion blender to blend soup at whatever consistency you desire.