You may notice a theme in this week’s meals. Simple. With unpacking and getting to know where we now live, I don’t want to spend too much time making meals and yet I don’t want to give up on eating good tasting, feels good to eat food. This simple stir fry is incredibly good.
Sesame Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1 block Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 bunch Broccoli, chopped into florets
- 3 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 3 tbsp Tamari
- 2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1/4 cup Sesame Seeds, toasted
- 1 tbsp Peanut Oil
- 1 Red or Yellow Pepper, seeded and cut into matchsticks (or close to when you’re lazy like me)
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- Start rice or other base for this stir fry.
- Steam broccoli until just tender. In a colander, rinse under cold running water and set aside.
- Heat peanut oil in wok over medium heat. Crispify the tofu and set aside. Drizzle with tamari.
- In a small bowl or lidded jar, mix together sesame oil, tamari, hoisin sauce and sesame seeds. Set aside.
- Heat peanut oil in wok over medium heat. Add pepper and garlic and cook until softened, about a minute. Add broccoli and sauce and stir fry, coating the veggies with the sauce, until veggies are done.
- Serve hot over quinoa, couscous, rice, noodles…