Another big shop today. I’ve been rather free with my splurging on certain staples (coffee) and have even made purchases of chocolate covered almonds, box of frozen raspberries, and chocolate milk (soy this time).
While I was unloading my cart a woman from the row across from me came and put her hand on my shoulder and said “you are the most organised shopper I’ve ever seen”. HA! I certainly didn’t feel like it, but it was a kind thing for her to take a moment to say. I also happened to bump into Judy from My Cohousing Adventure! That was nice.
I use cloth produce bags and cloth shopping bags but hadn’t come up with an affordable solution to the bulk items I buy like dried beans and nuts. I’ve been using the plastic bags the store offers and just bringing back my already used and labelled twist ties. This was such a pain. Heather at Beauty That Moves shared her simple and yet genius idea of using and reusing labelled ziplock bags. I decided to change my not yet perfect system and it was so much easier this afternoon. Thanks Heather! I wouldn’t be surprised if it was why the woman stopped to comment on my organisation!
This week I’m making:
- Savoury Yam Cakes(/Hash) with Thai Peanut Tofu and Broccoli
- Roasted Potato and Asparagus Salad with Chili Vinaigrette and Cilantro (this is so good I’m making it for a third week in a row!)
- Roasted Yam and Swiss Chard Enchiladas
- Vegetable Korma
- Spinach Pasta with Basil Cilantro Pesto and Artichokes
- Lentils and Rice with Caramelised Onions and Spiced Pita Chips
- Pineapple Cashew Quinoa Stir Fry