Here are two amazing recipes that only get better paired together. As many of you know, I don’t love pasta. That being said, I LOVE homemade pasta and I really love this tomato sauce alternative. You won’t regret trying this meal.
- 300 grams Semolina Flour or All Purpose Flour
- 3-4 Eggs
- zest of one Lemon
- little bit of Water
- Put flour in bowl or on counter. Make a well in the middle.
- Crack eggs and add zest into the well. With a fork beat eggs until smooth.
- With spoon or tips of fingers mix the flour with the eggs. Add it slowly until it’s all combined into one smooth ball. You may need to add a bit of water to help complete the ball.
- Knead well so the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Wrap well in wax paper and chill in the fridge for at least 30 min.
- Work a quarter of the dough at a time and put the rest back in the fridge until needed.
- With a little flour on the table flatten the dough a bit with your hands. Set the pasta machine to the widest setting and roll the pasta through. Fold each end of the dough in on itself and roll through again. Repeat until the dough is smooth. This is laminating the dough. Then roll through a couple times on each narrower setting until you have the desired thickness. You may want to cut this piece in half before you run it through the cutting attachment so it’s easier to handle.
- Allow to dry on *clean* broom handle and try not to eat it all before it’s been cooked.
- You can cook it easily any time or dry it for a later.
Lemon Pasta with Tahini Lemon Sauce and Broccoli
- 2-3 large cloves Garlic
- 1 cup cooked or canned Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- .25 cup Tahini
- juice and zest from 1 Lemon(in a pinch I use only juice)
- 2 tbsp Tamari
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne
- 1 cup Veggie Broth or Water
- 2 cups Broccoli, chopped
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds, toasted
- In food processor combine first six ingredients and process until smooth.
- Transfer to pot and heat on low with the hot stock. Keep warm.
- Cook pasta and add broccoli to the water just before it is finished. Don’t over cook the broccoli.
- Drain water and mix sauce in with the pasta and broccoli. Serve with sesame seeds sprinkled on top.