This was SO fantastic. I was a bit apprehensive about making this as a stand alone supper but it turned out great and filling for the four of us.
Roasted Potato and Asparagus Salad with Chili Vinaigrette and Cilantro
- 5-6 cups Potatoes, 1/2 in cubes
- 1 bunch Asparagus (or omit if desired)
- 1 cup Celery, diced
- 1 cup Pepper (red, orange, yellow…), diced
- 1 cup Walnuts, chopped and toasted
- .25 cup Red Onion, diced
- 3 tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- 5 Hard Boiled Eggs, sliced
- 2 Strips Bacon, cooked and chopped (optional, I only put it in because it was left over from a previous meal)
- Preheat oven to 400′
- Toss potato and asparagus in olive oil and a little bit of course salt. Roast until tender and golden, about 35-40 min.
- Combine the rest of the cool ingredients in a bowl.
- When potatoes and asparagus are cool add to salad. (If you haven’t planned ahead, you can always put hot potatoes and asparagus in a bowl on top of another bowl filled with ice water to help cool it down quicker)
- Toss salad with dressing and serve!
- 6 tbsp Oil (Olive, Canola, Safflower or Sunflower…)
- 6 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 3-4 tsp Garlic, crushed
- 1-2 tsp Salt
- .5-1 tsp Garlic Chili Paste/Sambal Oelek OR 2 tsp mashed Chipotle Pepper in Adobe Sauce