We make a lot of different varieties of cheese less pizza but this is one of my favourites.
Thin Crust Pizza Dough (for two pizzas) I found this basic recipe at this site and changed it to suit my needs.
- 2 1/4 tsp Yeast
- 3/4 cup Warm Water
- 1/2 tsp Demerara Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cool Water
- 2- 2 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- pinch of Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Warm bowl under hot water. Proof yeast with the warm water and the demerara sugar to feed the yeast.
- To proofed yeast, add cool water and oil. With salt, add flour a cup at a time blending smooth with each addition. The last time I made this I used only 2 cups flour and part of the last 1/4 cup while needing.
- Dust counter with flour and knead dough for 5-10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Place kneaded dough in oiled bowl and rise in a warm spot for about an hour.
- “Punch down” (not literally see this video for a better alternative to dough violence!) dough and divide in two. Let rest 10 minutes (or not if in a rush). Roll out into 12 inch rounds. Let rest 15 minutes (or not if in rush).
Peanut Pizza Sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Ginger, minced
- 3-4 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp Tamari
- 1 tbsp Demerara Sugar
- Garlic Chili Paste
- 2 tbsp Green Onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- Blend together to make a sauce.
Caramelised Onion and Spinach (or pea shoots or any other greens)
- Add a good amount of butter (or oil) to a warmed cast iron skillet.
- Add two chopped onions and sauté until soft and transparent.
- Add tamari and stir occasionally, letting the onions caramelise.
- Add the greens a few handfuls at a time, tossing and cooking until tender, bright and wilted.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
To put pizza together, start with thickly spread sauce, veggies (I happened to have celery and broccoli in my fridge), thick serving of onions and spinach and top with shredded carrot.