Gluten and sugar free, these are our new favourite pancakes. A friend made her own egg free version of these for us and we were hooked. I usually use almond milk or So Delicious coconut milk and double the recipe if it’s more than just me and the kids eating.
- 1 tbsp Butter, plus more butter for cooking
- 1 cup Buckwheat Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- pinch of Salt
- optional additions hemp seeds, chia seeds, diced walnuts, berries etc.
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Melt the butter in a cast iron skillet. Once melted set skillet aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir in optional additions. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg and then add the milk, and syrup. Continue to whisk and then slowly add the melted butter while whisking.
- Stir the flour mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Cook in a buttered cast iron skillet over medium heat.