These muffins are so tasty and were an immediate favourite here. They barely made a whole day before they were all eaten up! I’m not sure they’re that exciting to look at but trust me, they are worth eating!
I didn’t have sour cream when I went to make this recipe so I used 7/8 cup of almond milk with a splash of vinegar with 3 extra tbsp of butter to compensate. I made one batch with a walnut and brown sugar topping and the other batch (miniature muffin versions) with coconut sprinkled on top. I have to say I enjoyed both but the coconut topping was just a little bit better. I’m not sure if the coconut would fair as well on the larger muffins since they need to cook longer. I’ll let you know when I make these again!
Banana Crunch Muffins
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Butter, room temp
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cup mashed Bananas (about 3)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream (or yogurt or 7/8 cup sour milk plus 3 tablespoons butter)
- 1 ripe Banana, cut in to small pieces
- 1 cup shredded Coconut
- optional topping: granola, coconut, brown sugar, walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350’F and line muffin tins with baking cups.
- In a medium bowl whisk flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar with a spoon until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and then mashed banana and mix well.
- Add vanilla and sour cream and mix until blended.
- Add flour mixture to wet and stir until just blended.
- Fold in ripe banana pieces and coconut and drop into muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with granola (or other) to cover tops and bake for 30 min or until a toothpick inserted is clean.