I love raspberries. They are easily my favourite fruit, so you might think I’m bias when it comes to anything raspberry. I might think that too, except everyone that eats these tasty scones also raves about them and goes back for “just one more”. Perfect for breakfast or brunch, to take on a road trip, for tea with friends…
Raspberry Oatmeal Scones
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Milk (I use Almond or more So Delicious Coconut Milk)
- 1 2/3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/3 cups Oats
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp cold Unsalted Butter, grated
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen Raspberries or Blueberries
- Preheat oven 400′ and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Grate butter and toss in with the dry ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together egg and milk.
- Pour wet over the dry and combine until just wet and sticky. Don’t over stir.
- Fold in berries and gently stir or knead about 8-10 times.
- With a small measuring cup (or with your hands), portion out scones on the cookie sheets. This recipe makes 12 scones or more if you want smaller but remember they’ll take a shorter time to bake.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.