This was so good the first time my friend made it for me that it had to be one of the first dishes I made out of my new cookbook. Justine’s spin on the dish is fantastic so this is what I’m sharing with the rest of you! I didn’t get a finished photo unfortunately. We were too eager to eat it, I guess!
This meal went well with Pad Thai.
Justine’s Thai Peanut Tofu
- 1 small Eggplant, cubed
- 2 packages Extra Firm Organic Tofu, cubed
- 1 cup crunchy Peanut Butter (Or almond if you prefer)
- .5 cup Safflower, Sunflower or Canola oil
- .5 cup Tamari
- .33 cup fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 tsp Garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp Ginger, grated
- 1 Jalapeno, chopped finely
- Preheat oven to 400′
- Chop up eggplant and toss with a little salt and sit aside while you make the sauce to help with any bitterness.
- Blend all but eggplant and tofu in processor until just mixed.
- In a baking dish combine and coat eggplant and tofu cubes with sauce.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes. You want the tofu to come out evenly browned and a bit crunchy.