You know one of those nights when you’ve had one of those days and supper just never got done so you eat breakfast? That happens around here at least once a month. I’ll admit though that breakfast is one of my favourite meals so I never complain when we eat it twice in one day!
This night’s breakfast supper turned out to be chocolate chip pancakes with toasted walnuts, walnut oil sauted bananas and warmed raspberries. Is your brow rising like mine at the thought of this yumminess for supper?
This simple vegan friendly pancake recipe can be played with in any number of ways to make deliciously different. Add blueberries, raspberries, apple or banana to the batter. Or try adding chia seeds or hemp hearts. I double it if it’s more than just my kids and me.
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Dash of Cinnamon and Nutmeg
- 2 cups Milk (soy, rice, hemp, cow…)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Optional: Chocolate Chips, Banana, Berries… really anything
- Combine dry in bowl. Add wet until just mixed. Fold in chocolate chips or other addition.
- Cook in cast iron (or other skillet).