This recipe comes from the cookbook Quinoa 365 and quite tasty. A treat without being too sweet.
Make sure you use good quality peanut butter! The kind that needs to be refrigerated and is nothing more than ground peanuts with or without salt added. These days I’m using coconut palm sugar in place of demerara sugar, which is harder for me to find in good quality. For the chocolate chunks, I roughly chop of chocolate from the brick of Bernard Callebaut dark chocolate that I find in the bulk section of my local Overwaitea. It’s much better tasting chocolate and not too sweet like I find typical chocolate chips.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Quinoa Cookies
- 2 cups Quinoa Flour (or 1 cup quinoa flour and 1 cup all purpose flour)
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Butter
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Demerara Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2- 1 cup Chocolate Chunks (or chips) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375’F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars together until smooth.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add peanut butter and mix well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients, blending well. Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or more.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet and flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 8- 10 minutes or until the bottoms are golden. Cool on a cookie sheet.