This recipe comes from one of my favourite cookbooks, Super Natural Everyday. A must have for those of us that enjoy simple, but delicious, vegetarian fare. I’ve made it a number of times now but only took the time to snap a quick photo when at a potluck with friends. I promise to update this post with a better photo soon!
- 2- 3 lbs Potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
- 1/2 cup and 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets
- 4 large Eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Shallots, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh Tarragon, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh Chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400’F.
- Toss the potatoes in about 1 tbsp of olive oil and sprinkle with a big pinch of salt. Spread out evening on a baking sheet and roast until they are cooked through and starting to brown, about 30 minutes. About 15 minutes before you think the potatoes are done, toss the broccoli with 1 tbsp of olive oil, sprinkle with salt, arrange on a second baking sheet and place in the oven as well. You’re aiming for the potatoes and broccoli to be finished at the same time. Be sure to toss both occasionally while cooking.
- To a make the dressing, mash the egg yolk of one of the hard boiled eggs in a medium bowl. Very, very slowly add the remaining 1/2 cup of olive oil, beating constantly. The dressing should look smooth and glossy. Whisk in the vinegar, then the mustard. Stir in the shallots, herbs and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Coarsely chop the remaining eggs and fold them into the dressing. Put the warm potatoes and broccoli in a large bowl and gently toss with three quarters of the dressing. Taste, adjust seasonings and serve.