I couldn’t believe the combination of kale and coconut could taste so good! This is another recipe from Super Natural Everyday and the author, Heidi Swanson shares that she couldn’t imagine it either before someone had made the suggestion for her to try. I was pleasantly surprised to find this meal was also a lot heartier than I thought it might be. I’ll be making this again for my family or as a dish to share with friends.
Tasty, hearty, easy, quick.
Roasted Kale and Coconut Salad
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp Tamari or Shoyu
- 3 1/2- 4 cups lightly packed Kale, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened large flaked Coconut
- 2 cups cooked Quinoa or Farro or other whole grain
- Preheat oven to 350’F.
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk or shake together the olive oil, sesame oil and tamari. Put the kale and coconut in a large bowl and toss well with about two thirds of the olive oil mixture.
- Spread the kale and coconut evenly across two baking sheets. Bake for 12- 18 minutes, until the coconut is deeply golden brown, tossing once or twice along the way. Take care to not let the mixture burn!
- Remove from the oven and transfer the kale mixture to a medium bowl. Taste and add more dressing if needed and toss. Serve on top of cooked quinoa.