So you might notice a new look on my blog!? I was hoping to refresh my blog’s look with a wider view and one that was a bit more photo friendly. If you’re reading in a reader or getting an update via email, come have a look and let me know what you think. xxAnnie
I wasn’t exactly sure what to title this posting! Delicata squash is one of those vegetables that I’ve only seen available up here once. When I did see it at the store, I was sure to buy what I could and made Red Curry Delicata Squash and Tofu. I went to the grocery store this week hoping for at least butternut squash but alas, no squash for us. I still wanted to make this meal since I had miso paste from my last trip south (Seriously! You just can’t buy all ingredients up here!) and decided to use yams instead of the squash. I also used spinach instead of the kale, again working with what was immediately available. The fact that all these substitutions still made an incredible meal that we all loved just goes to show what a great recipe it is to begin with!
Here’s what I did:
Miso Curry Delicata Squash
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Miso Paste
- scant 1 tbsp Red Thai Curry Paste
- 2 cups Yam, cubed (or Delicata Squash, sliced in half moons)
- 1 package Extra Firm Tofu, cubed
- 4 medium new Potatoes, unpeeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 cups or more baby Spinach (or chopped Kale, stems removed)
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin Seeds, toasted
- 2/3 cup fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Prehead oven to 400′F.
- In a large bowl whisk together oil, miso paste and curry paste.
- In a second large bowl toss the chopped yam, tofu and potato with 1/3 cup of the miso curry paste until well coated. Spread out on two baking sheets in a single layer. Roast for 25- 30 minutes, until everything is tender and brown. Toss once or twice to keep the veg from burning. They will eagerly burn if you don’t keep an eye on them.
- In a dry cast iron skillet, carefully toast the pumpkin seeds.
- In the meantime, whisk the lemon juice with the remaining miso curry paste. Add the spinach and toss until coated.
- Toss the roasted veg with the spinach, pumpkin seeds and cilantro. Serve family style in the large bowl or platter.