Back when we lived in Nanaimo we had neighbours living in the basement of our house who’s cooking and baking aromas would put my evening meals to shame! Oh how I loved those smells and being inspired to try some of the recipes. Kait would bring up a little taste here and there or drop off extra loaves of bread from time to time. She shared with me her boyfriends mother’s Ginger snap recipe after bringing me up a few to sample one day. YUM. I love these soft cookies. It’s about time I share the recipe with you all.
I lessen the sugar in this recipe but I forget at the moment by how much. I’ll pay better attention the next time I make these and adjust the recipe afterwards.
- 2 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- Preheat oven to 350’F and line cookie sheets with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar together. Add the egg and beat. Stir in the water and molasses.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet and stir to combine.
- Roll into balls between your palms. Slightly flatten each ball with a fork and dust with sugar.
- Bake for 6- 10 min.