I love these cookies! They’re a sweet treat that still feel healthy to eat. I love all the coconut goodness they include. Coconut is such a great ingredient with many amazing health benefits. Take a minute and google to see pages and pages touting them.
I have been very busy the last couple months. The craft fair I’m organising is coming up in NINE days and I still have many loose ends to tie up. On top of it all, I’ve been helping one of my local candidates with her municipal election campaign. Go Jennifer Rice! It’s been a good kind of busy for me though. I’ve been crafting for the fair, emailing, attending a fundraiser and dropping leaflets in mailboxes around town. The latter task has really reminded me how much I miss delivering mail for a living, although I don’t miss it as much as I’m enjoying being a mother to my children. I’m loving the purposeful walking and occasional chat with my fellow Rupertites. I’ve met so many more community members preparing for these local events.
All this busyness has been enjoyable. I’m still keeping up with all my laundry, dishes and meal making. In fact, I’m keeping up with it all better than I have been in the recent past which is leaving me feeling so productive! That’s not to say that important things have not fallen by the wayside but with the end of the craft fair organising and the municipal election in sight (they take place on the same day!) I know I’ll be catching up before too long.
Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/2 tbsp Vanilla
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk (I used So Delicious Coconut Milk)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Coconut Flour
- dash of Salt
- 3/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chips (I used cut chunks off a brick of good quality dark chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 350’F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the coconut oil, vanilla, eggs and milk together.
- In a larger bowl, whisk the sugar, coconut flour and salt together. Be sure to break up any clumps.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Form into a balls with your hands and slightly flatten with your fingers.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until lightly golden.