This is another recipe from the cook book, Super Natural Cooking. It made SO many yummy cookies. We were nibbling on them for days!
I’d be tempted to try and cut some of the sugar from this recipe if I used the usual refined sugar; we use organic cane sugar.
Here’s what I did:
Red Quinoa Walnut Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 2 cups Sugar
- 3 large Eggs
- 3 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups cooked Red Quinoa
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted Walnuts
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- Preheat oven to 375′ and line two cookie sheets with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in sugar . Mix eggs in one at a time, incorporating fully before adding the next. Stir in vanilla.
- Add flour mixture in four increments, stirring between each addition. You should now have a moist, uniform dough.
- Stir in quinoa, walnuts and oats and mix only until quinoa is evenly distributed.
- Drop dough onto cookie sheets. It’s suggested that you drop 2 tbsp worth for each cookie but I found this much to large. The cookies with spread on the sheet while baking. Bake 8- 12 minutes or until golden on both top and bottom.