I’d been planning on making Sesame Broccoli Stir Fry this evening only to realise I was out of hoisin sauce so I switched gears and made a simple green curry bowl instead. Each time I make a curry like this I use the veg I have on hand. This recipe calls for a bell pepper and broccoli but the picture shows added cauliflower and carrot added as well. I’ve used russet potatoes and I’ve used red potatoes. It’s so easy to play with this recipe to suit your tastes.
Here’s what I did:
Green Curry Bowl with Veg
- 4-5 Potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup Quinoa, uncooked (I used red)
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Onion, chopped or sliced into half moons
- 1 Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch of Broccoli chopped into florets
- 2 14 oz cans Coconut Milk
- 3- 4 tbsp Green Curry Paste
- 2- 3 cups Water
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce
- 2- 3 tsp Tamari
- 1 tsp Demerara Sugar
- Parboil potatoes, drain and set aside.
- Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a sauce pan. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or cooked.
- In a wok, sauté the onion in oil until translucent. Add bell pepper and broccoli and continue to sauté for a few minutes. Remove veg and set aside in a medium sized bowl.
- Open the cans of coconut milk and scoop the top thicker cream part into the wok. Heat this cream over medium heat until the oil just starts to separate from the milk. Then add the green curry paste and sauté with the cream until it becomes fragrant.
- Add the rest of the coconut milk and water and bring to a boil.
- Carefully add the potatoes, sautéed veg, fish sauce, tamari and sugar to the wok and cook until the potatoes and veg are just done.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve in a bowl over quinoa or rice.