This recipe came out of Clean Eating, one of a couple magazines a friend lent me recently. Look forward to more recipes from here!
Lily is especially loving helping herself to a little square of this healthy and decadent treat throughout the day and after supper. The only thing I would change about this recipe (and I did below) would be to add chopped nuts or shredded coconut for a little more crunch. Simple to make and so delicious!
Coconut Cocoa Fudge
- 1/2 cup Coconut Butter*, warmed to soften
- 1/2 cup Honey (or Maple Syrup)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- optional 1/4 cup chopped Nuts (peanut, walnut, cashew…) or shredded Coconut or both
- Blend coconut butter and honey until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla and then cocoa powder.
- Stir in nuts or coconut and then smooth on parchment paper.
- Refrigerate until firm and cut pieces as you need them.
* I used coconut oil instead of butter because I haven’t yet found coconut butter here. I imagine this is why I’d like to add nuts or shredded coconut to the recipe. Coconut butter is made with the meat of the coconut and the oil is just the oil. I would use coconut butter instead of oil if I had the chance but the fudge made with coconut oil is still wonderful delicious.