I got my hands on Quinoa 365 recently to try out some of the recipes before I decide if I want to buy this cookbook. If the rest of the recipes are as good, I may very well do just that.
This is a really delicious gluten free breakfast that I actually tried last week. I was happy to make it again this morning for my visiting friends who eat a more restrictive diet including being gluten and dairy free.
Here’s what I did:
Apple Strudel Cereal
- 1/4 cup slivered Almonds (or chopped Walnuts)
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 1/2 cup Water (or a mix of water and almond or other milk)
- 1 Apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Demerara Sugar
- Toast nuts and set aside.
- Combine quinoa, water, apple, raisin and cinnamon in a medium sized pot. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 17 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla, sugar and nuts.
- Serve with yogurt or a splash of milk.