These yummy cookies are dairy, egg, wheat and sugar free. I first started making them when Lily was a baby and found the recipe in a book I can no longer recollect the name of. I wish I could because I remember being impressed with it! Although I suppose, not impressed enough with the cookbook to keep it over the years. It’s about time I got around to blogging the recipe!
Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 cups rolled Oats
- 2/3 cup Almonds
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup Banana (about 3)
- 1/4 cup non gmo Canola oil or Safflower oil or Apple Sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 3/4- 1 cup Raisins or Cranberries or Coconut or Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350’F and lightly oil a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Grind oats and almonds to coarse powder in food processor and pour into a large bowl.
- Stir into oat almond mixture, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Process bananas in food processor with oil and vanilla until creamy.
- Add wet to dry and mix well. Fold in raisins, coconut or chocolate chips.
- Bake 13-16 min or until golden brown under cookies.
These cookies are still a favourite around here, especially because Lily can make them on her own with ease.