These cookies are just the right combination of rich and savoury at same time.
This recipe is a non vegan version of a recipe found in Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar, by Isa Chanda Moskowitz & Terry Hope Romero. You could always use non dairy butter or shortening and maple syrup or other substitute for the honey.
Tahini Lime Cookies
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/2 cup Tahini, room temperature
- 2 tbsp Milk (I used almond)
- Zest from 2 Limes
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- Black Sesame Seeds (or white if you must)
- Preheat oven to 325′ and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a larger bowl beat or whisk together butter, sugar and honey until light and fluffy. Add in and continue to beat tahini, milk, lime zest, and vanilla.
- Add dry to wet and combine.
- Roll dough into walnut-sized balls. Place on cookie sheets and slightly flatten. Sprinkle and lightly press sesame seeds into top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned.