Originally from the Hollyhock Cookbook, I’ve adjusted this recipe slightly to suit my tastes. I love this variation on pesto, and not just because it’s cheaper to make. It’s rich without being heavy.
Parsley and Pumpkin Seed Pesto
- 2 cups Parsley, packed
- 1.5 cups Pumpkin Seeds, toasted
- 2-3 tbsp Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 3/4 cup – 1 cup Olive Oil
- In a cast iron skillet, toast pumpkin seeds allowing them to pop!
- In a food processor, process garlic and then add the toasted pumpkin seeds. Crumble.
- Add parsley and process as best you can.
- Add the salt and white wine vinegar and continue.
- While the machine is on, add olive oil slowly.
- Serve on steamed or sautéed veg or pasta or as a dip with fresh veg…