This is the Rebar Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and it’s fantastic! I was looking for the recipe on my blog to link to my most recent pictures and realised I hadn’t shared it yet. The chopped apricots are a really nice sweet touch that you’d totally miss if you didn’t know they were in there. I almost always double this recipe.
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Apricots and Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1.5 cups or less Demerara Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Dried Apricots, chopped
- 1.5 cups Unbleached Flour
- 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Walnuts, roasted and chopped
- 1.5 cups Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350′ and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine apricots, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add one egg at a time and blend well before adding the next. Add vanilla and set aside.
- Add wet to dry and then fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop on cookie sheet in heaping tablespoonful sized blobs. Leave room between for spreading.
- Bake 9 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through baking. Cool on wire rack.