I really believe in Elimination Communication (Diaper Free) and with so many friends pregnant at the moment I was inspired to do a giveaway for a starter kit. This kit will contain a potty and book about EC.
There are a number of choices for books in the above picture but I’d prefer to offer one of two books along with the potty. I was never a fan of Laurie Boucke’s book Infant Potty Training. Her books are a yawn and a half.
Ingrid Bauer’s Diaper Free! The Gentle Wisdom of Natural Infant Hygiene is by far my favourite book on the subject. She not only discusses and explains the practicalities of EC but offers a larger feel of natural parenting and living in general.
The book that I often recommend or buy for friends who may want a more mainstream approach to EC is The Diaper Free Baby by Christine Gross-Loh. This is a fantastic book for those first hearing about or new to EC. I like that it talks about part time EC in a way that encourages new parents to at least give it a try because it makes simple sense. This book shouldn’t scare anyone away.
If you’re interested in this giveaway, please let me know in the comments which book you would prefer.
Please let others know about the giveaway as well! The more people introduced to EC the better. Better for the environment and better for the connection between parent and child. Of course it’s also better for the not child not having to be left in soiled diapers! If you link to this giveaway on your blog or other, let me know and I’ll give you three times the chance to win!
- A Culture in Diapers :I laugh about this article. I came across it maybe 5 years ago and a year later I recognised the author as my fellow Freecycle moderator where I lived. An inspiring unschooling mother of now teenagers, I’ve enjoyed getting to know her.
- A mother’s story of starting with her 9 mo dd
- Article by Scott Noelle about starting diaperless EC during the toddler phase
- Decommissioning the Diaper
- 75 Benefits of Elimination Communication
- Tribal Baby’s thorough site on EC
This giveaway will be open until August 1st! Once someone is picked the starter kit will be sent from Contiuum Family here in BC. (You don’t have to be in Canada to enter.) I’m not sponsored by this wonderful company but I believe in their products and I just want to share with others!